Sunday, February 11, 2007

Living at Work










I was due to retire on Friday, February 2, but the date got pushed 2 additional days to February 6, due to "moving" issues. That last bit of stuff in the house is the hardest to get packed up!!

I extended 2 additional days so that I could transition work activities, which meant we needed a place to stay from January 30 through February 7, when we would actually leave. Great Southwestern Construction (thanks Bob!!) was gracious enough to allow us to park the rig in the truck bay...our own private, indoor, climate controlled RV park! The scenery wasn't pretty, but we had a place to finish packing the rig, and my last week at work had the shortest commute I've ever experienced! The weather was below zero at night that week, but we never knew it!!

And, since we were there 24 hours a day, I got to be the building superintendent...I actually fixed a hot water problem that had plagued the building since we moved in in 1998.

On Friday, February 2, company gave me a retirement luncheon. Thanks to everyone for the great gifts: a retirement contract, RV Log Book, RV Recipe Book, and a wooden sign to identify us to all! All that, and some great food to boot!

At about 9:00am on Wednesday, February 7, we pulled out of the bay and headed south. And so the adventure began...

2 comments:

  1. Happy travels down unforseen trails you will be missed here in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refering to your comment on February 20. "Could have been our parents" JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE PARENT!! DAD

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!